What is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?
Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery is a surgical specialty which involves the diagnosis, surgery and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region.
More simply put, the oral and maxillofacial surgeon is the orthopedic surgeon of the facial region. He or she is an individual who addresses problems ranging from the removal of impacted teeth to the repair of facial trauma.
What are some reasons to call Dr. Stephen Clemens?
- Have teeth replaced by having dental implants inserted.
- Have oral surgical procedures performed in the office under outpatient ambulatory anesthesia.
- Have a jaw, oral, or facial cyst or tumor diagnosed, removed and reconstructed.
- Have your jaw aligned with orthognathic surgery.
- Have your jaw joint(s) repaired with TMJ surgery.
- Have facial and jaw reconstruction following cancer surgery.
- Have your facial bones realigned after facial trauma.
- Have a consultation to determine whether you are a candidate for aesthetic surgery.
- Have a tooth extracted.
Call Dr. Stephen Clemens office to schedule a consultation 503-643-6607
About Dr. Stephen Clemens
Like father, like son: a love of dentistry runs in Dr. Clemens family. Inspired by his father, he had always wanted to be a dentist–the combination of the artistry of working with his hands, the science of dentistry and working with people is extremely satisfying for him. In his daily practice as a Oral Surgeon, he most enjoys the personal interactions he has with each of his patients. "I strive to treat patients with compassionate care in a safe and comfortable environment. I especially enjoy implant dentistry and restoring smiles to complete function and oral health. I enjoy the challenge that every patients treatment brings and continue to educate myself regarding the latest techniques to provide patients with the best care possible," says Dr. Clemens.
B.A.-Oregon State University
D.M.D.-Oregon Health Sciences University
American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Oregon Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Diplomate American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons